MySQL is an open-source Relational Database Management System that backed by Oracle. MySQL name is the combination of My and SQL. My states for the daughter’s name of MySQL’s co-founder, Monty Widenius, and SQL states for Structured Query Language.
Features of MySQL
- Easy to learn and use: MySQL is very easy to learn and use. By learning some queries, you can start using it.
- Most secured: MySQL has an extra data security layer that protects sensitive data from hacking. Also, passwords are encrypted in MySQL.
- Free download: You can download it from MySQL official website at free of cost.
- Very scalable: MySQL supports multi-threading that makes it very scalable. It can handle almost any amount of data. The default file size limit is about 4 GB. But you can increase this number to 8 TB of data. It’s really very scalable.
- High Flexibility: MySQL supports a almost all programming language that makes it very flexible.
- Platform Independent: You can use MySQL on most of the operating systems like Windows, Linux, MAC and Unix based operating systems.
- Allows role back: MySQL allows transactions to be rolled back, commit, and crash recovery.
- High Performance: MySQL is faster and high performance compared to other paid database management systems.
- High productivity: MySQL uses Triggers, Stored procedures, and views that allow the developer to give higher productivity.